Marketing and Communications
The media team at Safe Kids Worldwide is looking for a dependable intern for our Communications and Marketing Department. The intern will assist with promoting the Safe Kids brand, our programs, and child injury prevention messages to parents and caregivers, U.S. coalitions, our worldwide network, health and safety professionals and other key stakeholders. In addition, the intern will assist with local, state and national media relations inquiries.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with media relations, and has a strong interest in public relations, content development and communications and marketing. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.
The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional media relations experience. The internship is unpaid. Credit is available upon request. We are looking for a 20 or more hours per week commitment. Now until - May 2014.
The internship is at our office in Washington, DC, 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 1000.
- Develop and maintain media database and list
- Assist with news event logistics
- Asset creating materials such as press releases, talking points, and brochures and in providing reports to program and media managers
- Write content Safe Kids social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential
- Pursing a degree in communications, marketing, public relations or holds a degree in similar field (preferred).
- Must be interested in public health
- Has interest and experience with social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Email cover letter and resume to Julie Kenneally at email@example.com Attn: Fall internship –Media Relations Intern.