You are here
Intern: Social Media
Marketing and Communications
Digital and Social Media
The digital team at Safe Kids manages a wide variety of ways to engage online constituents, including email communications, social media, fund raising and advocacy. The intern will be assisting team implementing online campaigns.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with the latest technological aspects of social networking, email communications, and knows basic html coding. It would be great if you are familiar with Google analytics and the services used to send out emails such as constant contact or Convio. Web graphic design skills are also a plus. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.
The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional online campaign strategy and social media engagement experience. The internship is unpaid. Credit is available upon request. We are looking for a 20 or more hours per week commitment. January/February - May, 2014.
The internship is at our office in Washington, DC, 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 1000.
- Assist in maintenance of Facebook and Twitter campaigns.
- Assist with Pinterest and Google+. Develop a plan to expand and integrate both properties into our social media strategy, and begin to implement the plan.
- Develop inventory of coalition (our affiliates) Websites and Social Media Properties.
- Assist with editing and producing graphics.
- Assist in measuring analytics.
- Provide administrative support to staff.
- Assist with making changes to constituent accounts.
- Occasionally help respond to supporter questions regarding email communications.
- Some experience with and HTML editor or hand-coding HTML is beneficial.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of social networking platforms, primarily Facebook and Twitter.
- Interest in injury prevention, like sport injury prevention.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Some experience working with databases.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced Marketing and Communication Department.
- Email cover letter and resume to Julie Kenneally at firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Internship – Social Media Intern.