You are here
Intern: Web Content Management
Marketing and Communications
Digital and Social Media
We are looking for an intern to assist with optimizing our website. The intern will assist with content management such improving titles, meta tags, optimizing content for search, and adding new content.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with web content management, and has a strong interest in web content management, web design, digital communications and marketing. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.
The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional web project and content management experience. The internship is unpaid. Credit is available upon request. We are looking for a 20 or more hours per week commitment. Now until - May 2014.
The internship is at our office in Washington, DC, 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 1000.
- Upload content in to content management system, ensuring content meets Safe Kids standards.
- Write SEO optimized copy including keywords, descriptions and website copy.
- Conduct keyword research.
- Create and execute test scenarios for testing UX, platform and functionality.
- Contribute both individually and as a team member in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Participate in requirements gathering and documenting sessions.
- Coordinate tasks related to the re-design project.
- Update project plans, coordinate schedules and assist with project related tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Joomla, Word Press, or other similar system.
- Some knowledge of SEO ideal, but not required. We will train you.
- Some experience with Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Dreamweaver or other HTML editor, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Some experience with hand-coding HTML beneficial.
- Some experience working with databases.
- Interest in injury prevention, public health, and digital communications.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced Marketing and Communication Department.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Email cover letter and resume to Amy Frame, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Internship – Web Content Intern.