You are here
Manager of Digital and Social Media
The Manager of Digital and Social Media works with the Director, Technology, Digital and Social Media Strategy to plan and implement the organization’s strategy across all digital and social media channels. S/he oversees the daily administration of Safe Kids Worldwide’s websites, manages content creation and implementation across all digital channels including websites, social media channels, email, advertising channels such as Google AdWords and Facebook ads, etc. S/he also manages projects such as online campaigns, email marketing and fund-raising campaigns, website builds, online advertising campaigns and other related projects. The manager also tracks and reports on SEO/SEM, and prepares monthly analytics reports using various tools such as Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Social Sprout and other similar tools.
Education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience managing, developing, designing and maintaining a complex organization website and multi-channel outreach including email marketing and social media marketing.
- Good understanding of website technical architecture, usability and experience with web technology and website tools. Strong content development experience including editorial calendar development, management and implementation across multiple digital channels such as websites, social media, email and advertising.
- Strong project management experience. Expert knowledge of Google Analytics. Working knowledge of SEO and SEM.
- Expertise in implementing nonprofit digital strategy, including coordinating all aspects of the digital user experience and how it fits within the broader multichannel experience.
- Must have the ability to plan, manage and execute an editorial calendar. Knowledge of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc., including technology, content development, and how to measure ROI.
- Proven project management experience and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of content management systems including Drupal, Blackbaud Luminate; Constituent 360, Data Management, Email, Fundraising, etc. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Web Creative Suite, and other similar software.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, including IT and public health professionals. Advanced understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, and SEM. Ability and desire to learn and grow on the job.
- High energy and great attitude a must. Ability to take the initiative and see beyond what exists to grow digital and social media to the next level. Ability to juggle competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for writing for the web. Understanding of general web standards and best practices.
- Must have some experience with HTML and be able to clean up and code pages in using an HTML editor such as DreamWeaver.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed on the Children’s National website.
If you are selected for a phone interview you will be contacted by the Children’s National recruiter or hiring manager. In-person interviews will be conducted at the Safe Kids office, 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC.
Drug testing and TB testing are part of the hiring process.