You are here
To make sure play time is as safe as possible for your little ones, think about the following things when selecting toys and games.
Toy Safety Tips
- Consider your child’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Before you’ve settled on the perfect toy, check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards.
- Keep a special eye on small game pieces that may be a choking hazard for young children. While these kinds of games are great for older kids, they can pose a potential danger for younger, curious siblings.
- After play time is over, use a bin or container to store toys for next time. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign up for the latest recall information at www.safekids.org.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.