You are here
he Certification Associate is primarily responsible for managing deliverables surrounding child passenger safety technician (CPST) education in-person and online. Based in Washington, DC, travel is required throughout the year at local updates and national meetings as they represent Safe Kid Worldwide as a leader in injury prevention.
The Certification Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage program to provide technical updates across the country, including coordination, promotion and evaluation.
- Research, develop and deliver child passenger safety-related presentations
- Manage and provide webinars in collaboration with experts in the field of occupant protection
- Support SKW child passenger safety activities and participate in Safe Kids Worldwide events, meetings and conferences.
- Applicant must work well with people, have strong communication skills, and an eagerness to educate.
Required Skills abd Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of related work experience in public health, injury prevention or program implementation
- Experience developing presentations and presenting to adult audiences
- Experience writing for public audiences
- Proven project management experience
- Advanced level computer skills with the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Currently certified CPST strongly preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects, be detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and people skills, have strong verbal/presentation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, mission driven environment.
Sake Kids Worldwide offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Safe Kids Worldwide employees are employees of Children’s National Medical Center. Applications are accepted through their website.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email or phone if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to protect kids on the road, at home and at play. Preventable injuries are the number one cause of death for children in the United States. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 400 coalitions in the U.S. and with partners in more than 30 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more.
Safe Kids Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.