Safe Kids Worldwide's Programs Department is accepting intern applications from current undergraduate students or recent graduates interested in public health or social science, and has a strong interest in child safety and child health initiatives.This is a proactive internship where you will assist in program development and management, particularly as it pertains to public health and childhood injury prevention.The ideal candidate must be interested in working with a team to develop and support the mission of Safe Kids Worldwide and its Programs Department. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional program management and public health experience.
This is a part or full-time position (20-40 hours/week), depending on availability. Terms are at least three months in duration; six months or longer preferred. This is an unpaid internship, however a transportation stipend will be provided.
The child injury prevention programs intern will support the work of the Safe Kids Programs Department in the following ways:
- Support Safe Kids Worldwide's domestic and global programs in the areas of Road Safety, Home Safety and School & Play
- Provide administrative support to Programs staff
- Help support educational and event-based program components
- Assist in maintenance of existing programs and awareness campaigns
- Assist with the development and editing of program materials and reports
- Support projects specific to the restructuring of the coalition network, as needed
- Contribute both individually and as a team in meetings and brainstorming sessions
Skills and qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in a program or have a degree in public health or the social science
- Detail oriented
- Possess strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Self-motivated and have a desire to do high quality level of work with frequent deliverables
- Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, independently, and problem-solve to meet long-range and short-range deadlines
- Have a proven ability to prioritize and complete required tasks without direct daily oversight
More on Safe Kids. Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to prevent childhood injury, the number one killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 400 coalitions in the U.S. and with partners in more than 30 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more. Since 1988, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 56 percent. Working together, we can do much more for kids everywhere. Join our effort at safekids.org.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying for the Child Injury Prevention Programs intern position in the email subject line. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email, if their qualifications are a match for this position