New Laws Enacted
- July 27, 2016: What You Need To Know About Pennsylvania's New Car Seat Law
- July 5, 2016: Advocacy Call to Action on Water Safety: How to Make Policy Makers Safety Lifeguards
- June 30, 2016: Bipartisan, Fast-Paced Legislation Protects Kids in Car Seats
Kid's Safety Caucus
- July 18, 2013: Dear Colleague to Join the Bipartisan Congressional Kids' Safety Caucus
Position Statements and Letters
- August 26, 2016: Letter to California Governor Jerry Brown in support of AB2007 which would apply the state’s smart return-to-play concussion laws to community-based sports leagues for young athletes.
- June 15, 2016: Safe Kids California and state coalitions express support for SB1223 which would increase new driver experience for people 18 years and older.
- June 15, 2016: Safe Kids California and coalitions express support for AB470 which would strengthen state law for home swimming pools and spas to prevent drowning.
- June 13, 2016: Safe Kids Connecticut asks Governor Dannel Malloy to sign bill making driving while intoxicated with a child a form of child endangerment.
- May 31, 2016: Joint letter of Advocates for Highway & Auto Safety, #SaveKidsLives and Safe Kids Worldwide in Favor of Michigan Bill to Require Kids to be Rear-Facing Up to Age 2
- May 5, 2016: Letter in Support of Michigan CPS Bill HB5559
- April 4, 2016: Letter Urging Colorado Governor Hickenlooper to Veto H1231 Banning Red Light Safety Cameras
- March 23, 2016: Letter of Support for H.R. 4460, the Youth Sports Concussion Act
- March 23, 2016: Letter of Support for S. 2508, the Youth Sports Concussion Act
- March 21, 2016: Joint Letter in Support of Funding for the National Concussion Surveillance System under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention co-signed by American Acadaemy of Pediatrics, the American Public Health Association, and other advocates
- March 8, 2016: Letter to Governor Mike Pence Urging Him to Sign Youth Sports Safety Bill, SB234
- March 7, 2016: Letter of Support on Bills SB332 and A400 to strengthen Wisconsin's child Child Passenger Safety law
- December 22, 2015: Letter to Governor Cuomo urging him to sign Tamper-Free 10 Year Smoke Alarm Bill AB3057‐A
- November 25, 2015: Our future is our kids: Questions for the candidates by Safe Kids CEO Kate Carr, NSC CEO Deborah Hersman and MADD President Colleen Sheehey-Church
- November 20, 2015: Letter Supporting Occupant Protection High Visibility Enforcement Campaigns to Include Child Passenger Safety
- September 17, 2015: Safe Kids Letter of Support on Massachusetts Fire Safety Bill SB1249/HB2110
June 1, 2015 - House Transportation Appropriations on Heat Stroke
- Public Comment for Rulemaking on DoT Highway Performance Measures, August 18, 2016
- September 30, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Comment to the FDA on E-Cigarettes and Liquid Nicotine
- April 1, 2015. Comment for Rulemaking to Eliminate Accessible Cords on Window Covering Products
- March 13, 2013. Safe Kids Public Comment on Proposed Rulemaking for Sound Requirements for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- July 3, 2013. Safe Kids Public Comment on NHTSA New Car Assessment Program
- November 19. 2012. Letter of Support for Proposed Rulemaking on Safety Standard for Magnet Sets
- July 19, 2012. Joint Statement on Crib Bumpers
- July 13, 2015. Safe Kids Testimony before the Massachusetts Senate on Child Passenger Safety bill SB 1848
- June 12, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Testimony for the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation hearing on the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- May 19, 2015. Safe Kids Worldwide Testimony for the House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing on the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- April 30, 2014. Testimony of Anthony Green at the Hearing of the Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security Committee
- March 18, 2015. Testimony in Support of North Dakota House Bills 1186/1265 on E-Cigarette Nicotine Packaging
- February 24, 2014: Statement of Anthony Green Public Policy Director of Safe Kids Worldwide National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Public Listening Session NHTSA 2014-2018 Strategic Plan.
- January 28, 2014. President and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide Before the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Improving the Effectiveness of the Federal Surface Transportation Safety Grant Programs.
- October 22, 2013. Testimony of Anthony Green, Committee on Education, DC School Safety.
- August 27, 2013: Speech by Anthony Green on Sports Safety at Safe Kids Eastside Sports Safety Clinic.
- June 20, 2012. Testimony of Kate Carr, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Agenda and Priorities FY2014
Tools for Public Officials
Citizen Engagement Tools
- A Note about "Fiscal Notes"
- Advokit on Tax Free Car Seats
- Advokit on Child Passenger Safety Technicians Immunity
- AdvoAlert: Illinois Passes Law on Sports Safety, Concussions
- AdvoAlert to Help pass Safe Sleep Bill
- Advokit - Making "Return to Learn" the New "Return to Play"
- Interactive Chart: Saving Lives + Public Policy (Power Point Version)
- Interactive Chart: Saving Lives + Public Policy (PDF)
- National CPS Week Special Edition Advokit (PDF)
- Kids Safety Legislation Honor Roll 2014
Public Policy Blogs
- "Gold Medal Progress on Protecting Kids on the Move," by Arman Appleby (intern), August 12, 2016
- "Concussions Hit Female Athletes, Too" by Molly Sprick (intern), August 12, 2016
- "Swimming Pool Safety: Do Fence It In" by Anthony Green, July 28, 2016
- "Kudos, California: Smart Awareness on Hot Car Risks," by Steve O'Toole, July 28, 2016
- "Advocacy Call to Action on Water Safety: How to Make Policy Makers Safety Lifeguards," by Anthony Green, July 5, 2016
- "Bipartisan, Fast-Paced Legislation Protects Kids in Car Seats," by Anthony Green, June 30, 2016
- "This Fourth of July, Let's Leave Fireworks to the Professionals," by Molly Sprick (intern), June 30, 2016
- "The Risky Road When an Injured Young Athlete Takes a Painkiller," by Anthony Green, May 10, 2016