We are looking for a first-rate communications and engagement associate to join the team at Safe Kids Worldwide, a Washington D.C-based nonprofit whose goal is to keep children safe from preventable injuries. In this role, you will help develop and implement communications campaigns on child passenger safety, medicine safety, drowning prevention and more.
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 4 or so years of experience in communications, media relations or a related field.
- You’re a great writer and editor and a savvy project manager who is comfortable juggling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- You can see the big picture, but you can also take care of the detailed stuff, such as proof reading, media monitoring and project scheduling.
- You’re digital and social media savvy (of course) and you’re skilled at compiling and understanding analytics.
- You’re comfortable reaching out to the media (legacy media as well as new platforms) to draw attention to our issues.
- You enjoy working hard, both as an individual contributor as well as part of a collaborative team.
- You’re eager be part of a mission-driven organization and are fired up by the idea of making the world a safer place for kids.
- Our communications team operates like an in-house agency: We do our own digital, social, video, PR, graphic design.
- Our funders include General Motors, Proctor and Gamble, FedEx and Johnson & Johnson, to name a few. That means we have the resources to try new things, to be out there in the media, to explore new trends.
- Our staff has a lot of high-level experience that you can tap. We are eager to help you grow and develop in your career.
- We love being busy, but we also love to have fun. We get tremendous satisfaction from knowing we’re helping parents and kids in the U.S. and around the globe.
Sake Kids Worldwide offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email or phone if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Safe Kids Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.