Looking for a dependable intern for our Communications and Marketing Department. The intern will assist with promoting the Safe Kids brand, our programs, and child injury prevention messages to parents and caregivers, U.S. coalitions, our worldwide network, health and safety professionals and other key stakeholders. In addition, the intern will assist with local, state and national media relations inquiries.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with media relations, and has a strong interest in public relations, content development and communications and marketing. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional media relations experience.
This is a part or full-time position (20-40 hours/week), depending on availability. Terms are at least three months in duration; six months or longer preferred. This is an unpaid internship, however a transportation stipend will be provided.
The communications intern will support the work of the Safe Kids Commuications and Marketing Department in the following ways:
- Assist in maintenance of Facebook and Twitter campaigns.
- Assist with Pinterest and Google+.Develop a plan to expand and integrate both properties into our social media strategy and begin to implement the plan.
- Develop and maintain media database and list
- Assist with news event logistics
- Create materials such as press releases, talking points, and brochures and in providing reports to programs and media managers
- Write content Safe Kids social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential
- Pursing a degree in communications, marketing, public relations or holds a degree in similar field (preferred).
- Must be interested in public health
- Has interest and experience with social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have strong knowledge of social media and assist in maintenance of Facebook and Twitter campaigns
More on Safe Kids. Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to prevent childhood injury, the number one killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 400 coalitions in the U.S. and with partners in more than 30 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more. Since 1988, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 56 percent. Working together, we can do much more for kids everywhere. Join our effort at safekids.org.
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying for the Communications intern position in the email subject line. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email, if their qualifications are a match for this position.