You are here
Safe Kids Worldwide is a kid-focused nonprofit with a strong digital presence (we have more than a million followers on Facebook and several million YouTube views.)
The Marketing Communication team at Safe Kids Worldwide is looking for a dependable intern interested in collaborating on campaign planning, analytics, content, blog writing and all other aspects related to communication as directed. This internship is unpaid, however a transportation stipend will be provided. Best for students seeking a school credit internship, but not mandatory. This position is located in our Washington, DC national office.
The communications intern will support the work of the Safe Kids Commuications and Marketing Department in the following ways:
- Assist in marketing campaigns.
- Draft blogs on timely child safety issues.
- Assist with social media strategy and implementation of the plan.
- Develop and maintain media database and list.
- Contribute both individually and as a team member in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Create materials such as press releases, talking points and brochures.
- Write content for Safe Kids social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of social networking platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Pursing a degree in communications, marketing, public relations or similar field (preferred).
About Safe Kids Worldwide
Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to prevent childhood injury, the number one killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an unintentional injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of members in more than 30 countries and 400 coalitions in the United States to prevent injuries from traffic crashes, drownings, falls, fires, poisonings and more. Working together, we can do much more for children everywhere. Join our effort at www.safekids.org.
How to apply
To apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and a resume to Silvia Calizaya at email@example.com, and specify “Communications Internship” in the email subject line. Due to the high volume of applications Safe Kids receives, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be notified of their application status via email. No phone calls, please.
Tentative submission timelines include:
Spring Term (February-May)
Applications Due: 3rd Week of January
Start Date: 1st Week of February
Summer Term (June-August)
Applications Due: 3rd Week of May
Start Date: 1st Week of June
Fall Term (September-November)
Applications Due: 3rd Week of August
Start Date: 1st Week of September