Car Seat Tips
How to Ride Safely
- The back seat is the best. It is the safest place to ride for all children under age 13. Not all cars allow for a car seat in every place that has a seat belt. Check your car owner manual to see where you can put a car seat.
- Be wary of toys in the car. Choose toys that are soft and will not hurt your child in a crash. Secure any loose objects in the car.
- Wear your seat belt. We know that when adults wear seat belts, kids wear seat belts. So be a good example and buckle up for every ride. Be sure everyone in the vehicle buckles up, too.
- Never leave your child alone in a car, even for a minute. Learn more about preventing heatstroke.
Expert Help is Available
- Find a Car Seat Expert. Safe Kids hosts car seat inspection events across the country where certified car seat technicians can teach you to install and use your car seat properly. In some communities, they also serve in fixed locations called inspection stations during specific days and times. You may find an inspection station at a GM dealership, a hospital or even a fire house. Find a Safe Kids car seat checkup event near you.
- The Ultimate Car Seat Guide. For parents on the go, the Ultimate Car Seat Guide offers easy-to-understand tips on how to choose and use a car seat. You can fill in your child’s age and weight to get answers personalized for your child. Available in English or Spanish.
For more Safety Tips please visit Safe Kids Worldwide