Safe Kids Worldwide (SKW) seeks an Injury Epidemiologist to support the Director of Research in the development and implementation of research and program evaluation on a range of unintentional injury risk areas including child occupant protection, pedestrian safety, safety in the home and sports safety.
The Injury Epidemiologist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts original data analyses using new and existing data sets and facilitates SKW utilization of national injury databases for grant writing, program planning, and media use
- Gathers available data and research and translates findings for scientific and public audiences, often on a short timeline.
- Provides data and statistical information to support Programs, Development, Advocacy, Network and Communications teams
- Conducts research and co-authors research reports
- Monitors scholarly journals to increase knowledge base in current injury research methodology and developments across all risk areas
- Ensures scientific accuracy of Safe Kids Worldwide initiatives, both domestic and global
- Works with Safe Kids programs department to develop and evaluate program strategies that support identified childhood injury prevention initiatives
- Provides strategies and assistance to develop injury prevention programs and advocacy initiatives based on research and statistical data
- Evaluates programmatic initiatives to facilitate and promote childhood injury prevention initiatives
- Works with Director of Research to strengthen SKW research capacity through partnership.
- Participates in planning a biennial conference on childhood injury prevention
- Works with Director of Research to organize research-centered summits, and assists with other meetings as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Health Education/Promotion
- Extensive coursework in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics
- 3-5 years of related work experience in public health, injury prevention or program implementation required
- Knowledge of public health models, multifaceted public health programs and experience
- In-depth knowledge of at least one injury risk area: motor vehicle occupant protection, pedestrian safety, sports safety, water safety, home safety, poisoning prevention
- Professional technical writing experience required including have authored at least one peer-reviewed publication
- Proven project management experience
- The ability to conduct work flow analysis within the program’s context
- Possesses a working knowledge of STATA, SPSS, SAS or other statistical software, advanced level computer skills with the Microsoft Office product suite, and basic – intermediate HTML skills
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects, be detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and analytical skills, have strong verbal/presentation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, mission driven environment.
Sake Kids Worldwide offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume.
Please indicate that you are applying for the Injury Epidemiologist position in the email subject line.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email or phone if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Safe Kids Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.