Safe Kids Worldwide is a charity partner in the 2016 Marine Corps Marathon. We have reserved 50 spots in the sold-out marathon and 25 spots in the 10K spots for runners who wish to join Team Safe Kids and help raise funds to support our cause. Our team goal is to raise $100,000.
Date: Sunday, October 30, 2016
Location: Washington, D.C.
Course: This incredible race starts and ends in Arlington, Va. The highlights of the course include the National Mall and the monuments, and it is lined with servicemen and women, music, performers and inspiring spectators.
How it Works
Safe Kids will provide a registration link and code for runners to register for the race. In addition, Safe Kids will provide runners with:
- A complimentary registration for the race (a $135 value)
- An online fundraising tool with e-mail and letter templates
- An official Team Safe Kids running shirt
- An invitation to our runners’ kick-off part in Washington, D.C.
- An invitation to our pre-race pasta dinner in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities of Each Runner
Each marathon runner commits to running 26.2 miles and raising a minimum of $1,200 to support the mission and programs of Safe Kids Worldwide. The 10K runners are asked to raise $400.
For more information, e-mail Dan Orzechowski or call 202-662-0607.