You are here
The Network Department provides professional guidance and technical support in maintaining and strengthening Safe Kids’ vast network, with a focus on coalitions in the U.S. The Department also works to expand the reach of Safe Kids by exploring relationships with organizations interested in injury prevention particularly in areas of the world where child injury death rates are highest. Interns will have one long-term project to be completed in the time of their internship as well as a variety of other tasks.
Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to be part of a part-time or full-time internship during the Spring, Summer or Fall semesters. This is an unpaid, remote internship and academic credit can be earned as determined by the regulations of your university's academic office.
- The intern will support the work of the Network Team in the following ways:
- Perform research and analytical tasks on a variety of issues affecting the Safe Kids Network.
- Coordinate meeting logistics, attend meetings, and take and/or compile call and meeting minutes.
- Assist with the management of a database consisting of more than 400 domestic partner organizations.
- Assist in the development of tables, graphs, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct internet research, track and report out on data
- Work on a long-term project covering an identified topic about the Network that results in the production of a document (blog, guide, toolkit, etc.) intended to help the Safe Kids Network.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience conducting internet research
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of partners and stakeholders
- Ability to juggle a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Background in public health, social sciences, international development or related field preferred
- Current or recent college graduates or current graduate students will be considered
About Safe Kids Worldwide
Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to prevent childhood injury, the number one killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an unintentional injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more 400 coalitions in the United States and partners in more than 30 countries to reduce injuries from traffic crashes, drownings, falls, fires, poisonings and more. To learn more about our organization, visit www.safekids.org.
How To Apply
To apply for this internship: 1) submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying “Network Internship” in the email subject line; and 2) indicate in the email the term(s) for which you are applying (see below). Due to the high volume of applications Safe Kids receives, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be notified of their application status via email. No phone calls, please.
Applications are typically reviewed on a rolling basis for the following semesters:
- Spring Term (February-May)
- Summer Term (June-August)
- Fall Term (September-December)