Kid's Safety Caucus
Position Statements and Letters
- May 26, 2015: Safe Kids Letter to Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin in Support of Child Passenger Safety Bill HB 1847.
- May 21, 2015: Letter to Florida Governor Rick Scott on Pool Safety.
- May 18, 2015: Letter of Support for Illinois SB7, the Youth Sports Concussion Act.
- May 12, 2015: Letter of Support on South Carolina CPS law SB 464.
- May 12, 2015: Letter urging CO Governor Hickenlooper to veto bills banning red light safety cameras.
- May 11, 2015: Safe Kids Letter on Priorities for THUD Appropriations Mark-Up in the House of Representatives.
- May 11, 2015: Letter of support for New York Assembly Fire Safety Bill 3057-A
- May 5, 2015: Safe Kids Wish List for Federal Highway Law Reauthorization, “MAP-21 The Sequel.”
- May 5, 2015: Support for Illinois Sports Safety Legislation.
- April 21, 2015: Letter of support for New York Senate Fire Safety Bill 2696.
- April 20, 2015: Letter of support on California State Assembly Bill 235.
- February 23, 2015: Letter in opposition to Colorado HB15-1098, the ban of the use of red light cameras by local governments.
- August 5, 2014: Letter to Senators Brown and Ayotte in support of Senate Bill 2764, the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act.
- June 23, 2014: Press Release in favor of Ohio Teen Drivers’ Bill, HB 204.
- June 9, 2014: Letter in Support of the Use of Highway LED signs to Issue Heatstroke Warnings in California.
- May 29, 2014: Letter in Opposition of the Repeal of the Bike Helmet Law for Dallas, Texas.
- May 22, 2014: Speech by Anthony Green at Tarrant County Health Department, Texas.
- May 2, 2014. Statement in Support of DoT Transportation Legislation.
- April 30, 2014. Letter of Support for HB 204, an Ohio GDL Bill.
- April 30, 2014. Letter of Support to Gov. Scott to Sign Florida Booster Seat Legislation.
- April 2, 2014. Letter of Safe Kids Transportation Priorities for Surface Transportation Bill Reauthorization.
- March 31, 2014. Letter Template to Encourage State Highway Offices to use LED Signs to Remind Parents to “Never Leave a Child Behind.”
- March 25, 2014. Letter of Support MD SB87, a bill requiring repeat offenders of alcohol and/or drug related driving provisions to submit to a suspension of their driver’s license or complete participation in the Ignition Interlock System Program.
- March 6, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, signed by hurricane state coalitions.
- March 6, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act, signed by cold weather state coalitions.
- March 4, 2014. Letter of Support for S. 1014, The Youth Sports Concussion Act.
- February 10, 2014. Letter of Support for H.1152, a Bill to Require Window Guards in Massachusetts Public Housing.
- January 2014. Letters of Support for Florida House Bill 225, An Act to Expand the Child Passenger Safety Law in Florida.
- November 13, 2013. Letter of Support for S. 3343, The Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act.
- October 21, 2013. Letter in Opposition to H.3065 and H.3095, Bills to Repeal MA Universal Helmet Law.
- December 2, 2013. Position Statement on a School Building Carbon Monoxide Law in Georgia
- July 31, 2013. Letter of Support for Child Safety Related Senate Labor-HHS Appropriation Funding Levels
- May 15, 2012. Letter of Support for the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21)
- April 20, 2012. Letter of Support for H.B. 2156, an Act about Child Restraint Height Requirements in Arizona
- April 16, 2013. Letter of Support for Assembly Bill 56, an Act Requiring Carbon Monoxide Detectors in California Schools
- December 18, 2012. Letter of Support for President’s FY2014 Budget Priorities
- May 19, 2015: Safe Kids Worldwide Testimony for the House Energy and Commerce Committee Hearing on the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- April 30, 2014. Testimony of Anthony Green at the Hearing of the Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security Committee.
- February 24, 2014. Statement of Anthony Green Public Policy Director of Safe Kids Worldwide National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Public Listening Session NHTSA 2014-2018 Strategic Plan.
- January 28, 2014. President and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide Before the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Improving the Effectiveness of the Federal Surface Transportation Safety Grant Programs.
- October 22, 2013. Testimony of Anthony Green, Committee on Education, DC School Safety.
- August 27, 2013: Speech by Anthony Green on Sports Safety at Safe Kids Eastside Sports Safety Clinic.
- June 20, 2012. Testimony of Kate Carr, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Agenda and Priorities FY2014
Public Policy Reports
- January 30, 2012. Letter of Support for H.B. 2, a Bill to Require CO Alarms in Public Schools in Maryland
- July 29, 2013. Letters of Support for H.R. 669, the Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- July 19, 2013. Letter of Support for the Traumatic Brain Injury Reauthorization Act of 2013.
- May 15, 2013. Letter of Opposition for H.B. 109, a Repeal of North Carolina's Universal Helmet Law
- February 11, 2013. Letter of Support to Preserve Blood Alcohol Content Threshold in Michigan
- June 23, 2012. Letter of Support to Reverse Motion to Instruct Conferees on Distracted Driving
- January 13, 2012. Letter of Support for S.1816, The Stillbirth and SUID Prevention, Education, and Awareness Act of 2011
- January 13, 2012. Letter of Support for H.R.3418, The Stillbirth and SUID Prevention, Education, and Awareness Act of 2011
Tools for Public Officials
Citizen Engagement Tools
Public Policy Background