You are here
Heatstroke Prevention for Babies
Car safety for babies goes beyond car seats. Here are a few more things to keep in mind when your baby is in and around cars.
Top Safety Tips
- Heatstrokeis the leading cause of non-crash, vehicle-related deaths for children, and it can happen to anyone.
- Avoid this tragedy by remembering to do these three things:
- Avoidheatstroke-related injury and death by never leaving your child alone in a car, not even for a minute. And make sure to keep your car locked when you’re not in it so kids don’t get in on their own
- Createreminders by putting something in the back of your car next to your child such as a briefcase, a purse or a cell phone that is needed at your final destination. This is especially important if you’re not following your normal routine
- Take action.If you see a child alone in a car, call 911. Emergency personnel want you to call. They are trained to respond to these situations. One call could save a life.