The Senior Program Associate will implement Safe Kids Worldwide injury prevention programs and develop program resources in collaboration with Program Associates and Program Managers based on research of best practice for effective program implementation. He/she will coordinate requests for proposals, evaluate grant programs and promote participation of the Safe Kids network in programs and campaigns. He/she will become the primary contact for one of the following injury areas: Road, Home, Play. The Senior Program Associate will serve as a liaison between the Safe Kids global network and Safe Kids Worldwide staff, and collaborate with multiple departments to ensure child safety information is disseminated accurately and effectively to internal and external audiences. Domestic travel may be required.
Specific Requirements and Preferences
- Masters degree in Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Health Education/Promotion preferred.
- Knowledge of public health models and multifaceted public health programs; experience with program implementation and monitoring/evaluation preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
- 3-5 years of related of work experience in public health, injury prevention or program implementation fields required.
- Demonstrates ability to implement educational/community-based programs.
- Experience in injury prevention, grant implementation and monitoring/evaluation preferred.
- Experience in global program coordination and implementation preferred.
- Culturally sensitive individual that takes initiative and responsibility of assigned tasks and projects.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments and communicate at multiple management and staff levels.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical and report writing skills a must.
- Experience manipulating and summarizing quantitative and qualitative data preferred.
- Demonstrate injury prevention knowledge in road safety or home safety a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Implements and Evaluates Grant Programs
- Develops grant guidelines, requests for proposals, and coordinates review of grant applications and awards.
- Coordinates grant monitoring and evaluation, and assists with developing monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Prepares written program reports for sponsors, partners and Safe Kids leadership.
- Communicates effectively with the Safe Kids network and provides ongoing technical assistance to domestic and international members.
- Assists with developing educational resources and tools for grant programs and initiatives, and content for web properties based on program research and injury data.
Promotes Safe Kids Programs and Resources
- Collaborates with the Programs, Research, Communications and Advocacy teams to ensure injury prevention information is disseminated accurately and effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Assists with developing program materials and information for web properties to ensure injury prevention content is current and relevant.
- Assists with developing presentations to promote programs and key safety messages.
- Responds to requests from general public and provides information about child injury risks and prevention.
- Assists with and participates in the organization's global childhood injury prevention conferences, meetings and events.
Supports implementation of organizational culture that reflects accountability and adaptability
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness in all interactions.
- Partners and collaborates with team members in multiple departments to achieve goals.
- Provides organizational support as required by other departments.
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks opportunities to expand and grow.
- Provides feedback to others and is receptive to others' ideas and opinions.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our job portal.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email or phone if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Safe Kids Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.