You are here
Frontover and Backovers Prevention for Big Kids
Kids love cars, and when they see a parked car, they don’t even think about the possibility of getting hurt or seriously injured. That’s why parents have to be extra careful. Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe in and around cars.
Top Safety Tips
- We know you’re often in a hurry, but before you drive away, take a few seconds to walk all the way around your parked car to check for children.
- When checking for kids around your vehicle, see if anything that could attract a child, such as a pet, bike or toy, is under or behind your vehicle before getting in and starting the engine.
- Identify and use safe play areas for children, away from parked or moving vehicles. Teach kids to play in these areas instead of in, around or behind a car.
- Accompany kids when they get in and out of a vehicle. Hold their hands while walking near moving vehicles or in driveways and parking lots or on sidewalks.
- Don’t allow children to play unattended in parking lots when cars are present.