You are here
Car and Road Safety for Little Kids
Frontovers and Backovers Prevention for Little Kids
Little kids have endless energy, stamina and imagination, and they’re always looking for a fun place to run and play. Here are a few tips to keep little ones safe in driveways and parking lots.
Top Safety Tips to Avoid Frontovers and Backovers
- Take a few seconds to walk all the way around your parked car to check for children before getting in the car to drive away.
- When checking for kids around your vehicle, see if anything that could attract a child, such as a pet, bike or toy, is under or behind your vehicle before getting in and starting the engine.
- Identify and use safe play areas for children, away from parked or moving vehicles.
- Accompany little kids when they get in and out of a vehicle. Hold their hand while walking near moving vehicles in driveways, parking lots or on sidewalks.
- If children are going to be playing in the driveway, block it off with trashcans or cones to prevent cars from coming in.