You are here
We need to take extra precautions when kids are in an environment where guns are present.
The Hard Facts
It is estimated that about one third of households with childrens ages 18 and under have a gun in the home.
- Store guns in a locked location, unloaded, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store ammunition in a separate locked location, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Keep the keys and combinations hidden.
- When a gun is not in its lock box, keep it in your line of sight.
- Make sure all guns are equipped with effective, child-resistant gun locks.