Find the Perfect Toy for the Right Age
- Consider your child’s age and development when purchasing a toy or game. Read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards, before you settle on the perfect toy.
Don’t Forget a Helmet for Riding Toys
- Include a CPSC-certified helmet to keep them safe while they’re having fun on a new bike, skateboard, scooter or any other riding equipment.
- Learn more bike safety tips and watch our helmet safety video.
Store Toys After Play
- Use a bin or container to store toys after playtime is over. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
Sign Up to Receive Product Recalls
- Stay up to date on toy recalls. Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign-up for the latest recall information.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.
You can download these toy safety tips.