You are here
Home Safety for Babies
Toy Safety for Babies
As new parents, there are so many fun ways to interact with your baby. Toys, stuffed animals and games are great for babies and make wonderful gifts. But before your babies play with any toy, learn how to keep them safe with the following tips.
Top Safety Tips about Toy Safety for Babies
- Consider your baby’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards before you settle on the perfect toy.
- Use a bin or container to store toys for next time when playtime is over. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- Stay up to date on toy recalls. Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign up for the latest recall information.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.