You are here
Toy Safety for Little Kids
To make sure play time is as safe as possible for your little ones, think about the following things when selecting toys and games.
Toy Safety Tips
- Consider your child’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Before you’ve settled on the perfect toy, check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards.
- Keep a special eye on small game pieces that may be a choking hazard for young children. While these kinds of games are great for older kids, they can pose a potential danger for younger, curious siblings.
- After play time is over, use a bin or container to store toys for next time. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign up for the latest recall information at www.safekids.org.
- Go to www.recalls.gov for additional information about product recalls related to kids.