Activities for Kids
Below are some fun and exciting games and activities that will teach your students safety tips while they’re playing.
- Fire Sequence Game - This game uses fun pictures and words to teach young children about smoke alarms and how to escape a fire.
- Fire Safety Coloring Book - Help kids learn about fire safety with this great coloring book.
- Home Safety Activity Book (English)- Engage kids in a game of “Simon Says” or connect the dots with this fun activity book about home safety, which is good for all ages.
- Home Safety Activity Book (Spanish/ En Español)
Here you’ll find a variety of resources, including posters, charts, pocket guides and more.
Fire Safety Resources
- Fire Safety Infographic- This poster teaches families what to do in case of a fire.
Medication Safety Resources
- Medication Safety Poster- This poster teaches parents some top safety tips to prevent medication poisoning.
Toy Safety Resources
- Toy Safety Tips- This tip sheet teaches parents and caregivers how to find the perfect toy for a child’s age.
Check out the following links to our partners to learn more about fire safety.
Below are educational tips for different risk areas.
- Burns and scalds
- Choking and Strangulation
- Carbon Monoxide
- TV and Furniture
The fact sheets below cover a wide range of injury prevention topics and summarize key safety information. These are a great place to start learning about an injury risk and how it can affect children and families. Many of these facts will surprise you!
To help you in the classroom, we’ve developed a few lesson plans to teach kids how to stay safe and have fun. Feel free to use these plans in your own classroom to help children learn about the following safety topics.
Escaping a Home Fire – A Lesson Plan for Children Ages 3 to 5: This lesson plan highlights great discussion questions and activities to help teach kids how to safely escape a fire.
Child Development Stages Teaching Guide: This great presentation helps educate parents about how to keep their kids safe through all the different stages of child development.
Find out more about our Start Safe Programs - Fire, Water and Travel.