You are here
Car and Road Safety for Big Kids
Frontover and Backovers Prevention for Big Kids
Are your kids drawn to playing in the driveway? It’s a dangerous place to be. Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe.
Top Safety Tips to Prevent Frontovers and Backovers
- Take a few seconds to walk all the way around your parked car to check for children.
- When checking for kids around your vehicle, see if anything that could attract a child, such as a pet, bike or toy, is under or behind your vehicle before getting in and starting the engine.
- Identify and use safe play areas for children, away from parked or moving vehicles. Teach kids to play in these areas instead of in, around or behind a car.
- Accompany kids when they get in and out of a vehicle. Hold their hand while walking near moving vehicles, in driveways, parking lots or on sidewalks.
- If children are going to be playing in the driveway, block it off with trashcans or cones to prevent cars from coming in.