You are here
Home Safety for Little Kids
Toy Safety for Little Kids
To make sure play time is as safe as possible for your little ones, think about the following things when selecting toys and games.
Toy Safety Tips about Toy Safety
- Consider your child’s age when purchasing a toy or game. It’s worth a second to read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards before you settle on the perfect toy.
- Separate toys by age and keep a special eye on small game pieces that may be a choking hazard for young children. Toys intended for older children may pose a risk to younger, curious siblings.
- Use a bin or container to store toys after playtime is over. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- Stay up to date on toy recalls. Safe Kids compiles product recalls specific to children and sends twice-monthly e-mail alerts for recent recalls. Sign up for the latest recall information.
- Learn additional information about product recalls related to kids.