You are here
In the United States
Safe Kids works with more than 400 coalitions in 49 states and the District of Columbia across the country. Our coalitions consist of incredibly dedicated and caring volunteers. They are nurses, police officers, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, teachers, business leaders, legislators and parents. They work overtime and go above and beyond for one common goal: keeping your kids safe.
Each coalition is led by a local organization such as a hospital, health department or community-based organization that provides staff, operational support and the other resources our coalitions need to do their jobs. Based on the needs of their community, coalitions implement evidence-based programs that help parents and caregivers prevent childhood injuries.
- Car seat checkup event where trained technicians show parents how to use and install their car seat correctly and ensure kids are in the right seat for their age and size. Find a checkup event in your area.
- Workshops in schools to bring attention to pedestrian safety issues and ensure that kids learn how to stay safe while walking to school or in their neighborhood.
- Bike rodeos to bring community members and children together to learn how to have fun while riding safely.
- Sports safety clinics to provide coaches, parents, young athletes and league organizers the knowledge and skills essential to preventing sports injuries and emergencies in young athletes. Find a clinic in your area.
- Classes for new and expecting moms to learn all the important things for keeping kids safe in their first year of life.
Connect to your local Safe Kids to learn about important information and family events in your area.