You are here
Development and Fundraising Intern
Safe Kids Worldwide is looking for a remote Development and Fundraising Intern to support the Development Director. We are accepting applications from current undergraduate students or recent graduates interested in fundraising, development and resource mobilization. This is a proactive internship where you will engage in the development priorities of the organization. You will attend high-level meetings with organization staff and sponsors. You will walk away from this internship with writing and project samples you can use for your future.
The ideal candidate is familiar with and interested in fundraising and donor/sponsor cultivation and stewardship. He/she must be interested in working with a team to develop and support the mission of Safe Kids Worldwide and its Development Department. Our office is fast-paced and a can-do attitude is essential. The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional experience with hands-on fundraising for a known and respected nonprofit.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the internship will be fully remote for the fall term. Future terms may have the option to be remote, on-site, or a hybrid of remote and on-site. Remote interns will still be expected to adhere to a weekly schedule and to participate in routinely scheduled meetings and calls via digital channels (e.g, Microsoft Teams, Zoom).
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week, depending on availability) for ideally at least three months starting ASAP but by June 2021 at the latest. This is an unpaid internship; however, academic credit can be earned, which is determined by the regulations of your school's academic office.
While specific internship projects vary by term, the intern will support the work of the Development Director in the following ways:
- Provide background research and presentations for prospective funders;
- Ongoing research and learnings into the nonprofit fundraising landscape;
- Maintain and update contacts in SalesForce (working with Finance/IT teams as needed);
- Responsible for drafting and sending out donation acknowledgements;
- Contribute both individually and as a team member in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Detail-oriented work style;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work both independently and in teams;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred; and
- Ability to participate in scheduled team check-ins and meetings virtually (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
About Safe Kids Worldwide
Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to prevent childhood injury, the number one killer of children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an unintentional injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of members in more than 30 countries and 400 coalitions in the United States to prevent injuries from traffic crashes, drownings, falls, fires, poisonings and more. Working together, we can do much more for children everywhere. Join our effort at www.safekids.org.
How To Apply
To apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and a resume via the Development and Fundraising Internship Application form. Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be notified of their application status. No phone calls, please.
Applications are typically reviewed on a rolling basis for the following semesters:
- Spring Term (Feb-May)
- Application due date: 3rd week of January
- Tentative start date: 1st week of February
- Summer Term (Jun-Aug)
- Application due date: 3rd week of May
- Tentative start date: 1st week of June
- Fall Term (Sep-Dec)
- Application due date: 3rd week of August
- Tentative start date: 1st week of September