How to Win 100 “Clifford Takes a Walk” Books for Your School
UPDATE: We are opening our contest to all parents and educators across the United States for the last two weeks of the giveaway. All you have to do is teach your kids how to walk safely (you can use our lesson plan) and then use Twitter to enter the contest on behalf of your child’s school. If you win, we’ll send 100 “Clifford Takes a Walk” books to your child’s school.
Here’s how you do it:
- Teach your kids how to walk safely
- Have kids draw a picture of what they learned
- Snap a photo of your kids holding up their drawings
- Tweet the photo with the text: “Safe Kids at (enter school name) #CliffordTakesAWalk”
Clifford Takes a Walk
October 7 was International Walk to School Day. This is a day where children around the world learn tips to help them walk safely.
We worked with FedEx to develop a special pedestrian safety book, Clifford Takes a Walk. In the book, Clifford and his friends learn how to walk safely.
In celebration of International Walk to School Day, we’re offering classrooms a chance to win 100 books for their school.
Teachers, we created a lesson plan with pedestrian safety information to help you teach your students how to walk safely. After the lesson, ask your kids to draw a picture depicting a lesson they learned. Then, snap a group photo of your class holding up their drawings, and tweet the photo out saying:
“Safe Kids at (insert school name). #CliffordTakesAWalk.”
This tweet will enter you into the drawing.
Here’s how it works:
- The giveaway will run from 12:00am EST on Sunday, October 4 through 11:59pm EST on Saturday, October 31.
- During this time, teachers will provide pedestrian safety education to their classes, then tweet a photo of their students with the drawings based on the lesson and the text: “Safe Kids at (insert school name) #CliffordTakesAWalk.”
- Safe Kids will use random.org to randomly choose ten schools to each receive 100 “Clifford Takes a Walk” books.
- Two winners will be announced on Monday, October 12, 2015.
- Two winners will be announced on Monday, October 19, 2015.
- Two winners will be announced on Monday, October 26, 2015.
- Four winners will be announced on Monday, November 2, 2015
- Safe Kids will reach out to the winners to get shipping information and will send the books via FedEx to the school.
For full rules, click here.