The Top 5 Summer Safety Tips
Summer time means lots of fun and adventures. Here are five safety tips to keep your kids safe whether they’re at home, at play, or on the road.
Summery Safety Tips
- Swimming Safety – Nothing is more refreshing on a hot day than a dip in the pool or a trip to a lake or beach. While you are there, use a Water Watcher card to designate a responsible adult to keep an eye on kids in the water, without being distracted.
Learn more Water Safety Tips.
- Summer Travel – Before piling in the car for that long road trip (or even a short one), double check to make sure your child’s car seat is installed correctly.
Learn more Car Seat Safety Tips.
- Bike Safety – Riding bikes is a great way to exercise and explore the neighborhood. Keep your kids protected by teaching them to always wear a properly fitted bike helmet. It’s the best way to prevent a serious head injury.
Learn more Bike Safety Tips.
- Hot Cars – Car-related heatstroke prevention is something to remember year-round, but it’s extra important when the weather heats up. Never leave your child alone in a car, not even for a minute. Heatstroke is the leading cause of non-crash, vehicle-related deaths for children.
Learn more Heatstroke Prevention Tips.
- Grilling Safety – For all the grill masters out there, position the grill away from foot traffic and play areas and create a three-foot "kid-free zone" around the grill to prevent burns.
Learn More Burn Prevention Tips.
Please talk about these tips with your kids and ask friends and parents to do the same. Then enjoy the summer and remember to keep having fun.