- 2 years or under and under 30 pounds in rear-facing child safety seat
- 7 years and under and shorter than 57 inches and under 80 pounds in child restraint
You are here
Child Safety Laws In Your State
Use this map to find child safety laws in each state. Visit our FAQ Section
The map below currently features Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws. More child safety laws coming soon.
Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws
Child Passenger Safety Laws
When is a child restraint required?
What is the maximum fine for a first car seat violation?
- $85; $40 for children between 8-17
When must a child sit in the rear seat?
- Children 7 and younger must be in rear seat
Seat Belt Laws
Who is covered by the seat belt law?
- Riders 8 and over
In what seats does the seat belt law apply?
What is the maximum fine for a first seat belt violation?
When can a child start using a seat belt?
- 7 years or under and 80 pounds or over or 57 inches or taller; 8-17 years