- 7 years or under and under 57 inches tall
You are here
Child Safety Laws In Your State
Use this map to find child safety laws in each state. Visit our FAQ Section
The map below currently features Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws. More child safety laws coming soon.
Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws
Child Passenger Safety Laws
When is a child restraint required?
What is the maximum fine for a first car seat violation?
- $25 minimum; maximum unlisted
When must a child sit in the rear seat?
- No Requirement
Seat Belt Laws
When can a child start using a seat belt?
- 8 years, and over 57 inches
Who is covered by the seat belt law?
- Riders 7 and under who are over 57 inches; Riders 8 and over
In what seats does the seat belt law apply?
What is the maximum fine for a first seat belt violation?
- Riders under 17: $200 (driver); Riders 15 and over: $50
Does law give immunity to person rescuing child in hot car?