- Under 2 years old in rear-facing infant seat or until manufacturer's minimum weight requirement reached
- 7 years or under
You are here
Child Safety Laws In Your State
Use this map to find child safety laws in each state. Visit our FAQ Section
The map below currently features Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws. More child safety laws coming soon.
Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws
Child Passenger Safety Laws
When is a child restraint required?
What is the maximum fine for a first car seat violation?
When must a child sit in the rear seat?
- Children in rear-facing devices must be in rear seat
Seat Belt Laws
What is the maximum fine for a first seat belt violation?
When can a child start using a seat belt?
- 8-17 years (4-7 years with physician's exemption)
Who is covered by the seat belt law?
- All drivers; passengers 18 and over
In what seats does the seat belt law apply?
- Under 18: All; 18 and over: Front only