- $175.30 if passenger under 4 years, $150.10 if passenger 4-7 years
You are here
Child Safety Laws In Your State
Use this map to find child safety laws in each state. Visit our FAQ Section
The map below currently features Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws. More child safety laws coming soon.
Child Passenger Safety and Seat Belt Laws
Child Passenger Safety Laws
What is the maximum fine for a first car seat violation?
When must a child sit in the rear seat?
- Children 3 and younger must be in a rear seat
When is a child restraint required?
- Under 1 year or under 20 pounds in rear-facing car seat
- 1-3 years or less than 40 pounds in forward-facing child safety seat
- 4-7 years or 40-80 pounds and under 57 inches tall in booster seat
Seat Belt Laws
Who is covered by the seat belt law?
- All riders except for children restrained in child restraint
In what seats does the seat belt law apply?
What is the maximum fine for a first seat belt violation?
When can a child start using a seat belt?
- Over 8 years or heavier than 80 pounds or taller than 57 inches